Senior Technical Writer
Effective Date: Now
We are an independent software company created in 2012 that makes a SaaS solution, used by millions of users worldwide and recognized by major analyst firms like Forrester and Gartner as one of the global players in the document management space.
AODocs is the only cloud and serverless document management and business process platform fully integrated with Google Drive and Workspace, allowing organizations in all industries to easily control their documents, scale their business-critical processes, and meet compliance requirements – all while enhancing user experience.
In the current context of COVID-19, the digitization of documents and business processes is becoming a top priority for many organizations. This has encouraged AODocs to move into a scale-up phase! We’re growing fast, and looking for new talent that will help us reach new heights.
The AODocs platform is used by Google and recommended for Google Workspace.
This privileged relationship with Google allows us to have exclusive access to some of their most innovative solutions, particularly in Machine Learning.
Our R&D team of ~50 people is global (we have people based in France, Hungary, Italy and the USA), highly motivated, and competent. We are a remote open company: anyone can work remotely. We also have offices in Bordeaux, Milan, and Paris if that’s more your thing.
Our infrastructure is entirely on the cloud on Google Cloud Platform. We use Terraform, App Engine, Datastore and BigQuery. We code in Angular and Typescript for the front-end and in Java for the back-end. We work in Agile methodology (Scrum or Kanban).
Why are we recruiting?
We’re looking for an experienced technical writer to join our expanding Knowledge Base team, which is responsible for ensuring that all our Knowledge Base articles are clear, correct, comprehensive, and concise.
The AODocs Knowledge Base contains more than 400 articles aimed at users with different levels of technical expertise. You need to be comfortable with complex technical topics and be able to adapt content appropriately for all our users, from end users to technically competent administrators.
In addition to AODocs, we have a range of related products, all with separate release schedules. You’ll be working on several projects simultaneously, so you need to be at ease communicating with different teams in a fast-moving, open and collaborative environment.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit documentation for several products across different teams
- Work closely with product managers to define documentation requirements for final deliverables
- Adapt voice, tone, and brand personality for different audiences and channels
- Interview subject matter experts to gather information
- Coordinate reviews, verification, and validation of product documentation based on the company’s quality procedures
- Ensure continuity of style of content
- Identify customer needs and gaps in our content
- Maintain a publication calendar
- Foster a documentation-minded culture among developers
- Help promote company-wide knowledge sharing practices
- Create and update video tutorials
- Create, analyze and report on visit and satisfaction KPIs
- Are a native English speaker
- Are a great communicator, excelling at written communication
- Can synthesize complicated topics or processes to make them understandable by anyone
- Pay strong attention to detail
- Understand that words are a crucial part of an interface
- Are self starter, capable of working with a high level of autonomy, and at the same time be a team player
- Are interested in owning topics, taking responsibility, and shaping the future of a growing department
- Understand that good documentation helps market our products
- Are rigorous, autonomous, patient and you demonstrate humility, critical thinking, and open-mindedness
- Experience: At least 4 years experience writing technical documentation for software products
- Writing: You enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough
- Collaboration: Ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across organizations and functional groups
- Project management:
- You are organized, able to manage multiple projects at the same time, and know how to report progress in a clear and interesting way.
- Leadership or supervisory experience is a bonus but not a requirement
- Tools: Good knowledge of G Suite (Workspace) tools. Experience with Zendesk or another document management toolset is a plus.
- Video: Experience creating and updating video content (Camtasia, QuickTime, etc.) is a plus.
Why would you join us?
Competitive salary, full remote possible, technical challenges, company in scale up phase.
As a company committed to gender and cultural diversity, the company reiterates that it refuses all forms of discrimination and that all its job offers are open to people with disabilities.