Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Effective Date: Now
We are an independent software company created in 2012 that makes a SaaS solution, used by millions of users worldwide and recognized by major analyst firms like Forrester and Gartner as one of the global players in the document management space.
AODocs is the only cloud and serverless document management and business process platform fully integrated with Google Drive and Workspace, allowing organizations in all industries to easily control their documents, scale their business-critical processes, and meet compliance requirements – all while enhancing user experience.
In the current context of COVID-19, the digitization of documents and business processes is becoming a top priority for many organizations. This has encouraged AODocs to move into a scale-up phase! We’re growing fast, and looking for new talent that will help us reach new heights.
The AODocs platform is used by Google and recommended for Google Workspace.
This privileged relationship with Google allows us to have exclusive access to some of their most innovative solutions, particularly in Machine Learning.
Our R&D team of ~50 people is global (we have people based in France, Hungary, Italy and the USA), highly motivated, and competent. We are a remote open company: anyone can work remotely. We also have offices in Bordeaux, Milan, and Paris if that’s more your thing.
Our infrastructure is entirely on the cloud on Google Cloud Platform. We use Terraform, App Engine, Datastore and BigQuery. We code in Angular and Typescript for the front-end and in Java for the back-end. We work in Agile methodology (Scrum or Kanban).
Why are we recruiting?
We are opening a new location in the EU to host our application and provide to our customers a GDPR compliant platform, and we want to provide a global approach to the infrastructure as code for all teams in the group. We are looking for a highly motivated site reliability engineer who will be part of our SRE team in Paris. The candidate will be closed with our international development teams in the USA, Italy, Hungary, and France.
- Ensure that services are designed and delivered to be mission critical with a focus on security, resiliency, scale, and performance.
- Define and implement improvements in service architecture, both current and future, together with the development team.
- Communicate the scale, capacity, security, performance attributes, and requirements of the services you own.
- Define and manage instrumentation and metrics that clearly describe the service behaviors scaling requirements and patterns resiliency and recoverability, ensuring that backup/restore and disaster recovery capabilities are defined, implemented, tested, and maintained
- Define and manage automation and orchestration environments on SaaS environments.
- Participate in our on-call team
- Lead incident response, troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and postmortems
- Establish and maintain Service-Level Objectives (SLOs) for production services
- Analyze and manage cloud costs
- Coordinate with relevant teams to build useful tools
- Mentor engineers on best practices of running and maintaining a production
- Help DevOps team on CI/CD topics
- Between 3 to 7 years of experience in software
- Demonstrable experience in one or more scripting/programming languages: such as Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Go, Rust, Java
- SQL and NoSQL database knowledge
- Strong experience in the Cloud, GCP is a plus
- Experience in any combination with Terraform, GitHub Actions, Travis, Docker
- Familiarity and working experience with REST services / Microservices / Infrastructure / Server frameworks
- Experience in building rich dashboards for Application monitoring and reporting
- Experience implementing a Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline (Jenkins) with working knowledge of container management and orchestration tools (Docker,)
- Good understanding of web application stacks, and web protocols
- Cloud computing patterns and platforms
- IT Security and compliance knowledge
- Strong Technical background with an ability to troubleshoot issues impacting large scale service architectures and application stacks
- Ethical sense of work, respect for customers and colleagues, team spirit are mandatory to be hired and succeed at AODocs.
Why would you join us?
- Competitive base salary
- Full benefits package
- Career growth & development with a rapidly growing company