Senior Front-End Developer
Effective Date: Now
AODocs is a software company created in 2012 that makes a Content Services SaaS platform. It is included by Gartner (in its Magic Quadrant) and Forrester (in its Wave) as one of the top and most innovative players in the content services space, among a sea of very old non-cloud competitors like IBM Filenet and OpenText that are approaching end of life and thus setting us for a large growth opportunity.
Our product is used by over 500 large organizations such as PwC, Colgate, Whirlpool, Solvay, Air Liquide, and Google itself to control their sensitive documents and automate critical business processes. Our addressable market just got multiplied by 20 as AODocs - which was originally made for Google Workspace only - just became compatible with Microsoft Office. Our product runs at the heart of the business of multi-billion dollar companies!
We are based in Paris, Atlanta, Milan and San Francisco. Our team is over 100 strong, composed of highly motivated and competent people. We believe that good ideas can come from anyone, regardless of their formal job role. We know how to work remotely and we have offices to meet whenever required.
Do you like having some creative freedom where your ideas can be easily discussed and implemented in a small and dynamic company? How about being able to have a high impact on a product with millions of users? Do you like the possibilities offered by new cloud technologies, especially serverless? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Programmer to join our growing team! The Senior Programmer is responsible for the end to end development of core parts of our webapps. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level and to teach us something we don’t know.
We’re a transparent organization. Important metrics and numbers are communicated to all team members. Decisions are discussed collaboratively, not behind closed doors. If you value being part of the discussions on how to shape the future of the product, by giving your input, weighing in and being heard, then you might just be happy to work with us.
You will report to the Lead Frontend Engineer and work closely with the Product and Backend teams. Sometimes you will work in squads and sometimes you will participate in ad hoc teams meant to quickly address specific matters.
- Implementing substantial features, fixing bugs
- Writing technical specifications
- Proactively proposing code and performance improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
- Helping create new webapps for our new products
- Being responsible for the code base, improving it and reviewing it (peer reviews) with the other fronted devel
- Simplifying the code base
Some examples of what you could work on:
- Implementing a simplified version of the present webapp
- Creating reusable frontend components
- Concluding, with others, the migration to Angular
- Making the webapp as autonomous as possible from the backend
- Revamping and simplifying the Ui of our workflow engine
- Introducing more attractive and powerful Frontend languages to improve our stack and make our offer more attractive to future recruits
- Speeding up our release cycle
- Improving the way we track user behavior
Some examples of what we did in the last few months alone:
- Worked on a new Ui for a specific use case
- Finished the migration to angular of one the main components of our webapp
- Introduced mocks to accelerate our development process
- Entirely refactor our Views, the most used page in our application
- Started to work with Google on a new webapp to address a specific use case they have
- Created and deployed several features
Most of those describe you:
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care more about making easy to use software that will help users address their preoccupation and solve their problems.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed and responsiveness is a core feature
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 2-8 years as a professional programmer, at least 3 years as a Frontend developer on SaaS products
- Cloud: Bonus is an experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with Git and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools. Bonus for: benchmarking, CI/CD and profiling tools
- Collaboration tools: comfortable with Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets, and Slack
- Language: French, English at professional level.
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough