Location: Full Remote
Effective Date: Now
We are a software as a service company, and our content service platform AODocs is used by 500 customers, including large enterprises like Equifax, Solvay or Air Liquide to manage their business critical documents. AODocs ensures that information is easily accessible by the people who need it, while being protected against unauthorized content and human errors, and that business processes are properly followed, with full traceability. For example, AODocs helps Google ensure the design documents of its data centers are properly controlled, accelerating the construction projects while avoiding costly mistakes.
AODocs is a growing and profitable company, recognized (by top analyst firm Gartner, and by its own customers) as one of the most modern solutions in a market populated by legacy, pre-cloud systems like OpenText, IBM Filenet, Hyland and others. This market is now being disrupted by the new generative AI technologies, which allows software to understand the content of a company's documents, and thus to automate tasks that previously required human work, such as document tagging, data extraction from unstructured text, or analysis of complex documents.
We believe the generative AI will dramatically change the way companies create and use their business content, and since the beginning of the year, we have made it a priority to integrate this new technology in our product. The combination of the generative AI capabilities to understand and generate text, with our existing document management and workflow features, enables a large number of high value use cases, from contracts management to RFP responses, audit reports, or recruitment processes.
Our team is made of passionate and dedicated people who love to innovate. We work in a very collaborative and transparent manner: we believe that good ideas can come from anyone, regardless of their formal job role.
Do you like having some creative freedom where your ideas can be easily discussed and implemented in a small and dynamic company? How about being able to have a high impact on a product with millions of users? Do you like the possibilities offered by new cloud technologies, especially serverless? You’ve knocked at the right door.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Programmer to join our growing team! The Senior Programmer is responsible for the end to end development of core parts of our webapps. We expect you to help us take our products and our team to the next technical level and to teach us something we don’t know.
We’re a transparent organization. Important metrics and numbers are communicated to all team members. Decisions are discussed collaboratively, not behind closed doors. If you value being part of the discussions on how to shape the future of the product, by giving your input, weighing in and being heard, then you might just be happy to work with us.
You will report to the Lead Frontend Engineer and work closely with the Product and Backend teams. Sometimes you will work in squads and sometimes you will participate in ad hoc teams meant to quickly address specific matters.
- Implementing substantial features, fixing bugs
- Writing technical specifications
- Proactively proposing code and performance improvements
- Helping set and maintain a high professional standard
- Helping create new webapps for our new products
- Being responsible for the code base, improving it and reviewing it (peer reviews) with the other fronted devel
- Simplifying the code base
Some examples of what you could work on:
- Implementing a simplified version of the present webapp
- Creating reusable frontend components
- Concluding, with others, the migration to Angular
- Making the webapp as autonomous as possible from the backend
- Revamping and simplifying the Ui of our workflow engine
- Introducing more attractive and powerful Frontend languages to improve our stack and make our offer more attractive to future recruits
- Speeding up our release cycle
- Improving the way we track user behavior
Some examples of what we did in the last few months alone:
- Worked on a new Ui for a specific use case
- Finished the migration to angular of one the main components of our webapp
- Introduced mocks to accelerate our development process
- Entirely refactor our Views, the most used page in our application
- Started to work with Google on a new webapp to address a specific use case they have
- Created and deployed several features
Most of those describe you:
- You care more about making reliable software used by many than a shiny unstable thing used by no one. You understand that engineering work is done first and foremost for the customers.
- You care more about making easy to use software that will help users address their preoccupation and solve their problems.
- You care a lot about performance, understand that speed and responsiveness is a core feature
- Fully capable of taking substantial features from concept to shipping as the sole programmer
- You’re a team player
- Experience: 2-8 years as a professional programmer, at least 3 years as a Frontend developer on SaaS products
- Cloud: Bonus is an experience with one of the 3 main cloud platforms. Bonus points for GCP and serverless experience
- Software engineering tools: you’ve worked with Git and Jira, you’re familiar with front-end build tools. Bonus for: benchmarking, CI/CD and profiling tools
- Collaboration tools: comfortable with Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets, and Slack
- Language: French, English at professional level.
- Writing: you enjoy writing, you care about words and grammar, you are sharp and thorough