Effective Date: Now
We are a SaaS software as a service company, and our content service platform AODocs is used by 500 customers, including large enterprises like Equifax, Solvay or Air Liquide to manage their business critical documents. AODocs ensures that information is easily accessible by the people who need it, while being protected against unauthorized content and human errors, and that business processes are properly followed, with full traceability. For example, AODocs helps Google ensure the design documents of its data centers are properly controlled, accelerating the construction projects while avoiding costly mistakes.
AODocs is a growing and profitable company, recognized (by top analyst firm Gartner, and by its own customers) as one of the most modern solutions in a market populated by legacy, pre-cloud systems like OpenText, IBM Filenet, Hyland and others. This market is now being disrupted by the new generative AI technologies, which allows software to understand the content of a company's documents, and thus to automate tasks that previously required human work, such as document tagging, data extraction from unstructured text, or analysis of complex documents.
We believe the generative AI will dramatically change the way companies create and use their business content, and since the beginning of the year, we have made it a priority to integrate this new technology in our product. The combination of the generative AI capabilities to understand and generate text, with our existing document management and workflow features, enables a large number of high value use cases, from contracts management to RFP responses, audit reports, or recruitment processes.
Our team is made of passionate and dedicated people who love to innovate. We work in a very collaborative and transparent manner: we believe that good ideas can come from anyone, regardless of their formal job role.
AODocs is at a crossroads, ready to scale up its teams and technology to be ready and competitive for the markets of the future. We are expanding and improving our team’s composition and capabilities to face these new challenges and we need someone who will drive that process forward. As such, we are looking for an Engineering manager to oversee the development teams. Under the direct responsibility of the VP of Engineering, you will be involved in shaping the operational strategy and will be responsible for your team's delivery. You will be responsible for the delivery of the projects, and managing the team of developers (6 to 10 people).
Ensure business alignment and be responsible for your team's delivery:
- Organize, plan, lead, and manage your team's activities by developing product and technical roadmaps, defining delivery timelines, and ensuring the expected quality.
- Coordinate and oversee the actions of team members (even those you do not have direct hierarchical management over) for the success of your team's projects (as well as broader R&D projects).
- Participate in maintaining the platform's operational condition in production.
- Be responsible for evaluating and improving your team's performance (recruiting, onboarding, continuous improvement, mentoring, coaching, etc.).
- Management of your team's developers.
- Maintain an atmosphere of collaborative goodwill (focused on performance) by aligning your team members with Aodocs' vision and business objectives.
- At least 1 year of prior experience as an Engineering manager.
- A strong technical background built through significant experience as a developer (front-end and/or back-end, in Java, Angular).
- Good knowledge of Agile methodology.
- The ability to frame architecture and pragmatically balance business/product needs with technical constraints.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performing team of IT professionals, fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- The ability to be an active contributor when necessary: problem-solving, knowledge transfer.