Arrow Transportation Systems Inc. has been a part of the transportation and distribution landscape in Canada and the United States since 1919. They provide quality transportation, product distribution, facilities management, materials handling, logistics, and technology development services to customers throughout North America.
Arrow’s top priority is to consistently deliver high-quality service that meets or exceeds customer expectations at competitive rates.
- In order to better manage salaried vacation requests, the human resources team at Arrow was looking for a user-friendly way to control HR-related information for their distributed team of almost 300 salaried employees.
- “With the multiple reporting lines and structures in our organization, we wanted a centralized program that would help us operate in a controlled environment without sacrificing the flexibility of Google Drive,” explains Larissa Pepper, HR Coordinator at Arrow. “AODocs’ workflows, advanced security, monitoring, and report exports were a huge draw.”
- Find a centralized program to manage HR content
- Create an automated process in Google Drive for managing vacation requests
- Bulk import lists of new employees and their information to Google Drive
HR Coordinator at Arrow
“Since setting up the process in our AODocs library, both admins and end-users have a simple and secure way to manage vacation requests and approvals in Google Drive.”
Arrow’s HR team wanted to create a process with AODocs to manage vacation requests.
“We worked closely with the AODocs team to get our libraries set up. It was helpful to have two sides working together as we went through the brainstorming process,” said Larissa. “We thought about the information we needed, how we were currently collecting it, and, together, found a way to streamline our processes.”
For their vacation management library, Arrow set up a workflow to track and process requests and approvals between employees and their managers. Employees fill out a request form and an email notification is automatically sent to their managers to approve or reject it. The AODocs workflow automatically assigns the appropriate manager as the approver of each request.
Once a request is approved, AODocs sends notifications to the employee and the payroll department. All of those things that were previously done manually now happen behind the scenes and are automatically tracked in an audit trail. Throughout the process, employees and their managers can see how much time they have left to submit or approve a request.
Arrow also implemented a process to import bulk lists of new employees. The lists include information about their managers and the number of vacation days that they have available, making it easy to automatically update their database each year.
“We had a pretty large wish list and we were able to hit it all. Everything was customized to fit exactly what we needed,” said Larissa. “Since setting up the process in our AODocs library, both admins and end-users have a simple and secure way to manage vacation requests and approvals in Google Drive. This has helped with transparency and the ability for both employees and management to have real-time data.”